Sunday, April 25, 2010

Our Story


My name is Hope. I am a 2 year old Boston Terrier and in February life changed for me and my sister, Charity. We were both owned by a breeder and our lives revolved around having puppies. Charity had been battling a strange blood disease for several months ever since having a litter of puppies. Her doctor did many tests but could never figure out what was causing her to be anemic. In February I also started to feel bad. My owner brought me into the doctor and the news was bad. I would not survive without a blood transfusion. My owner couldn't afford the treatment I needed. Though she had just met me my doctor fell in love with me and could not let me die. She told my owner that she would take me and pay for my care and then find me a loving home. My owner consented but she knew that I had a strong bond with my sister Charity. Would she find us a home together? How could she say no? We moved in and we have been adjusting to life as couch potatoes ever since. Charity's blood levels are now completely normal and mine are stable and my doctor/foster mom thinks I will make a full recovery. Check back for reports from me, my sister, and my foster mom on our adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Hope & Charity! These are two wonderful girls who bring joy and happiness to wherever they are. If you have room in your life - invite these two darlings in! (:

    ReplyDelete